I love the holidays because I feel like I get to spend a lot more time with my daughter. She is very crafty, so any opportunity I have to craft with her, I will most definitely take! This year we started with Halloween crafts but I forgot to take pictures of those (very sad). However, I was definitely not going to forget this time so I have some pictures of our Thanksgiving crafting.
It is super easy to make and almost mess free! What could be better than that?
I hope you have time to sit down and spend some time with your children this Thanksgiving. This is a great way to spend time together and these are the moments you’ll always remember. Happy holidays and enjoy!
- Start out by helping your child trace their hand with a colored pencil.
- Cut out the hand leaving a little extra room outside of the colored pencil to make the hand appear larger.
- Spray the adhesive on the paper hand and attach it to the larger side of the pine cone.
- Cut out a triangle for the beak and an oval for the gobbler. Also, make head shape.
- Spray all of these pieces, again with the spray glue, to attach.
- Lastly, tie a few pieces of pipe cleaner around the “turkeys neck”.
**You can also add other small things. We chose to add an interesting leaf to our turkey’s feathers. You can also spray them with glitter to give them some extra sparkle!
They will make very cute center pieces at Thanksgiving dinner.