One of my all time favorite desserts is Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are the greatest dessert that anyone has ever whipped up…EVER. I really love baking them and having them fill the house with their delicious aroma! They also remind me of all the fun times I had growing up baking with my mom. We would bake for hours some days and I really loved it and I love the memories I have now from those times.
Anyway, this is the recipe that we have used my entire life and they are so delicious. They are soft and chewy, but won’t fall apart. They are just the absolute tastiest, so here you go! Enjoy!
14 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the cookies sheets
- In a plastic bowl, place the butter and microwave for 30 seconds
- Once the butter has cooled, add both sugars and beat until fluffy with mixer
- Add the vanilla and eggs, mixing in between
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt
- Beat on a low speed, just until they are all combined
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on cookie tray and cook for 10 minutes
*Do not over bake, even if the cookies do not look fully done they will cook a little more outside the oven. You don’t want to burn them!!!